Berkshire’s Top Ten Moments of the School Year

Students watching the sunrise the morning after Prize Night

Topher Sharp

1. Prize Night (The dance part)
    After an award ceremony in the Jack, the students shuffle down to the Stewart pitch, where a wedding tent is set up. Students dance the night away to a live band with their friends and family  by their side.
  2. Morning after Prize Night
    The morning after Prize Night, many students set their alarms for around 5:30 am to come down to the turf and watch the sunrise. This is a time to sit around with your senior friends and reminisce on the good times you all had together.
  3. Pink Out Game
    Switching home locations from Berkshire and Taft every year, the Pink Out Game is a great Berkshire tradition where students wear pink and celebrate breast cancer awareness.
  4. Winter Carnival
    Students emerge from their dorms in the freezing midwinter to celebrate dorm wars with epic skits in the ice rink.
  5. Graduation
    Graduation day is a time to celebrate the seniors on their accomplishments while at Berkshire. The sound of bagpipes in the Jack is surreal and the tears are real.
  6. Prom
    Prom is a night for the seniors to invite their underclassmen friends to a nice dinner and go out for a night of dancing and fun. 
  7. Spring Mountain Day
    On the first beautiful sunny day of the spring, classes are canceled and students spend the day hiking, swimming, and running around with their friends, enjoying the good weather.
  8. The Day Before Pro Vita Starts
    Although this day may be packed with tests, when you get out of your last class, it is a sign that spring is coming, the spring season of sports is approaching, and a fun week of Pro Vita lies ahead.
  9. Fall Mountain Day
    Fall Mountain Day is a refreshing way to start off the school year. Take a hike with your team and take a day off on one of the last warm days of the year.
  10. Move-in Day
    An all-time classic favorite day of the year, students come in with a summer glow, eager to see their friends and start the school year again.